Aside from having children who are happier and learning more, the family gains in several ways:
- Presuming siblings are enrolled in the same class, the parents would not have to ‘figure out’ a new teacher every fall.
- Taking a child out of school for a dentist appointment or a family vacation will not conflict with the student’s studies. The student just picks up where they left off upon return.
- When a student is tardy or leaves early there is no crisis, no missed lessons or interruptions. He may have missed out on learning time, but that is between he and his parents.
- No homework or ‘cramming’ for tests unless the student wants to get ahead.
- No report cards and no surprises. Parents can see their child’s progress on his curriculum guide.